United Arab Emirates real estate trends
One of the hardest hit real estate markets in the recession was the United Arab Emirates. Jones Lang Lasalle took a look at what to expect in the next year, and the findings are in this presentation that follows. Good commercial real estate porn.
If you’re in a rush, here’s the dumbed down list:
- Property / asset management is #1 risk for real estate
- Lower supply projections than anticipated to help smooth out cycle
- The Abu Dhabi and Dubai rental markets will increasingly move in favor of the tenant.
- Selective stability in residential market
- Increased office leasing activity
- From super regional malls to community centers
- From return on ego to return on equity
- Light industrial / logistics offer low risk and stable yield
- Transaction levels to remain subdued in 2011
- From competition to coordination
- Infrastructure is key driver for real estate recovery